 Organizations / United States / SMART / 160 (-5)
  Re: What's up with HiTechnic?

We ordered some sensors from HiTechnic a few weeks ago and they were shipped out right away with great communications and speedy service. :-] (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Winter mega challenge?

(...) I was thinking IR proximity sensors (HiTechnic). Given the experience I have with them thus far, I think they would work well in the environment described in the rules. I think the final robot would likely require more than one RCX, given the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Winter mega challenge?

(...) This sounds like it could be a good idea for next year. Thanks for suggesting it. We might alternatively consider a "SMART-Team" robot. Any ideas on how to accomplish that? The one thing that would make it quite difficult for Lego robots is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Finding the rope

(...) The challenge is mainly to start away from the rope, so anything you do to find it and attach youself to it is okay. It would be cool to see a robot be able to find it from a greater distance, or without facing it directly to start with. If (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Winter mega challenge?

I was browsing the Seattle Robotics Club pages and saw the link to the fire fighting robot contest ((URL) is a northwest qualifier event for this held March 15 this year. While it is too late for this year, maybe we could consider this as a mega (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.smart)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact