Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:11:05 GMT

<snip>
Those suggestions don't really hurt to have, of course.  But given the nature
of Shiri's post, it's difficult to seperate NELUG from being people standing • in
the way of her social life, which we aren't.

eric

Eric, I find that last comment very rude and insulting.  Think about it; how
would you like to leave everything you know and love across an ocean, and have
very few friends in this new place?  It would be horrible.  Now, you find this
thing called the internet that allows access to other people, who you hope you
can confide in and be friends with.  And believe me, we all need friends.
Everyone gets picked on and hurt.  Try to think how your comments might make
the other person feel.  You've been there too, just like the rest of us, and
know they don't feel good.  And before you comment about how I should practice
what I preach, I want you to know that I'm doing this intentionally.  You need
to step back and try to see this from all sides.  I'm just a third party, and,
as far as you're concerned, my words are no better than dirt, but I'm gonna
say them anyways.  It's hard to sit back and watch someone be bashed, even
unintentionally, and I don't do that.  As Matt said, this is supposed to be
fun.  And believe me, comments like yours are not seen as fun.  Now I'm done
with this.
-Chris