Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:07:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.us, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.org.us, Frank Filz writes:

- One thing I would strongly encourage any group to do is that even if it
feels the liability issue is a problem, would be to open events at "public"
places to all. I see no reason why Shiri's Inn couldn't have been part of the
castle display at TCS. There is little reason to exclude someone from a
meeting at a restaurant, library, or other similar place. Meetings at
someone's home in fact could even be up to the host (they are the one's who
will be liable if a problem occurs, not the organization). It's also possible
to have some events which are open and some which aren't (for example, a
meeting at a bar, because the people want the opportunity to go out and have • a
drink, would be very innapropriate for youth [at least given today's laws]).

For what its worth Shiri asked me if she could put something in the window at
TCS.  I told Shiri in person prior to the TCS display going up that if she • came
to TCS when we were setting up with her Inn we would include it.  If someone
countered this statement I didn't know about it.

I don't know if that was a personal communication, or if I missed something
(there was a short spell where I wasn't reading all the posts about the TCS
display). I did get an impression that Shiri was told she couldn't contribute
to the display because it was for NELUG members. If that was a wrong
impression, I'm sorry for propogating a misunderstanding.

Frank