 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 644 (-10)
  Re: Age limitations

In lugnet.org.us, Eric Joslin writes: <snip> (...) OK, sorry, I misread your post. I'm glad you didn't form an opinion on me based on those few posts. :-) <snip> (...) Yes, true. But the original post wasn't posted as a "blowing off steam" post. It (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) That is NELUGs right. However, by discussing it here, you might get to hear opinions from other people who have run organisations and gain from their experience too. I'm not criticising your decision, but I do think that all LUGs stand to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Actually it's 16 in Georgia also.(15 for a learner's permit) jt -- ---...--- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) It is far from the only way I am forming an opinion on you. I might not participate in Castle World, but that doesn't mean I don't read the posts. I do remember very well having Ice Cream with you at Lizzy's. I have an opinion formed of you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) You are right, of course. I am far less concerned with how it was brought up - or even *why* it was brought up - than I am with discussing it as a group (that is, NELUG). I would very much like to see this issue discussed at the next NELUG (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Well, this is two seperate things, really. Obviously, the thread could have done without name-calling or bickering. I *do* think that discussion is a good thing, and suggestions are always welcome. However, it can be difficult for someone (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I would (depending on other factors). I had a girlfriend who lived in Lowell at one point; it's really not a very long drive at all, especially for a once-in-a-while thing like NELUG meetings. eric (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) I think if this is the case, then NELUG is far more BostonLUG than anything else. I live in Lowell, I work in Andover. Getting into Boston is both difficult and time-consuming for me, especially on a weekday evening. I can only imagine that (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) No offence taken - it's a good point. (...) Not necessary, but I think you'll agree that if there had been more positive suggestions (eg probation, age-limits for event locations etc), and less bickering and name calling.. then cross-posting (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Age limitations

(...) Extremely understandable. (...) Well, that's too bad. I only posted about 5 posts in this thread of 150(right now), but if that's all that is required for you to form an opinion on someone, I guess that's up to you. I think that possibly you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact