Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:06:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, David Eaton writes:
Ok, so far (although recently it looks like the conversation has died down)
we've seemed to agree that we'd probably at least like a castle and a town for
the NELUG castle display at the Construction Site (see prior messages for
history)..

To date, I think the only definite things we have to that respect are a
potential 6091 castle, lots of figs, and Eric's church, and his marketplace.
So, assuming we do a town (which it looks like we will), a brainstorm... what
other structures do we need for a town?

Well we seem to have added a few more possible creations to the display but the
conversations seems to once again have died down.  So now that my Inn & Tavern
are complete I thought I would try and get this thread moving again.

I would like to shoot for a meeting in February where we can do a "dry-run"
setup of the display.  This would provide for a great opportunity for photo's
as well as give us an idea on if we are "ready for prime time" or not.

Here's a couple of ideas I had... feel free to add:
- Kinds of shops:
   o Scribe
   o Tavern/Inn

Anyway I have completed work on the exterior of my Inn.  This is admittedly a
large structure so I don't know if this fits well into our plans for the
Construction Site window display or not.  If you have an opinion on whether it
should be included or not please post here.  If it is to big I really won't
mind so just let me know.  You won't hurt my feelings.

Here is the URL

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/inn/

Of course I already have a Church and a Market that I can include.

http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/church/
http://www.nelug.org/members/kingsley/castle/market/

I probably won't include any more buildings except maybe a small house or
something if I have time.  I wouldn't mind doing some landscaping though so I
might work on a tree or two as well as maybe some sort of BURP hill or
Mountain side.

If you have any other ideas for stuctures or if you have a model to include but
have not posted yet please post it here so we know what you've got.

   o Clothing shop
   o Weaver (just plain cloth)
   o Bakery (side note- my roomate found OLD Fabuland pieces that are loaves
     of French Bread! So I might volunteer for this one... otherwise, I can
     supply the bread!)
   o Butcher
   o Barber?
   o Doctor
   o Carpenter
   o Shoe store (Al Bundy's long lost relative)
- Houses (people have to live SOMEWHERE, contrary to what TLC would have you
believe)
- A stable (probably for an Inn, but also could be a shop)
- A well
- Town meeting house
- Farm house stuff:
   o barn or a shed (for tools, animals, etc)
   o fields
   o a house
- A school, perhaps?

We also still need to decide on the layout, too... but it seems like nobody
has a real preference at this point... Any further input?

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/