Re: Pics from the weekend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:53:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
Well, as some of you know, we had a "dry-run" for NELUG's upcoming castle
display at The Construction Site ( http://www.constructiontoys.com )... Here's
my set of pictures (Eric and Dan may be likely to post more later):

http://www.suave.net/~dave/tcsdryrun.html

You beat me to it again.  I have had absolutely no time to get something up
yet.  I am hoping tonight works out.

After looking at this again I like it even better.  This is just incredibly
cool in that it takes on the feel of a real medieval village just like I am
shooting for with my stuff.  We need to add some more variety to the buildings
and add some more scenery but I think this is looking incredible.  I can't wait
for the real setup.

After the dry run, though, I decided I liked a lot of things about Eric K's
tower & wall sections better than my own, so I went back and on a whim,
completely rebuilt my gate... I like it a lot better than the last one I • built,
but it could still use some work-- I really like the portcullis mechanism,
though! I just wish it were accessible 1 level below, rather than exposed on
the roof! Take a look:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/gatehouse.html

Dave this is awsome I really, really like it.  The best part is both gates are
compatable with the wall pieces although we will have to decide on blue or red
for the Window display.

You said that I inspired you.  Well now you have inspired me and I think I am
going to have to go back to my Gate to see what I can do to improve on it.  I
already have a couple of ideas but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag
just yet.

Dave again I love your new gate I don't know what else to say.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My creations at: