Re: Boston roadshow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 06:29:40 GMT

hey guys,

on the way to work this afternoon I happened to pass by where the Lego
Roadshow Boston was held.

Let me preface the story.

On Sunday, as the roadshow wrapped up, it was clear to everyone present that
an enormous emout of bricks were being lost to the grass around the tables.
Myself and Dave went scavanging, and found so many bricks that we felt
guilty and ended up not taking many of our treasures home.

Well, back to today.  On a whim i detoured to the site of the show and
looked for the wear patterns in the grass.  Sure enough, they yeilded quite
the haul of brick.  Granted they lack the luster of new brick, and they need
cleaned.  But free brick is free brick.  Plus the parts tend to be small
parts in quantity.  I may make one last trip.

see for youself.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/elkane/Misc/New-Sets/Boston-Roadshow/roadshow_grub.jpg

take my advice and revisit your roadshow location the day after if its held
in the grass.

-tk

"Dan Boger" <dan@peeron.com> wrote in message
Here's the (few) pictures I took from the Roadshow this weekend, here in
Boston.  You might notice that I spent most of my time tending the
quarry, which was a great hit (when it was running right :).

  http://peeron.com/pics/nelug/RoadShow-20030713/

I'm sure others will post some more detailed descriptions of the fun :)

Dan

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com