Re: Simply A-mace-ing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:04:25 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.brikwars, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
[snip]

The major disadvantage to packing maces in brikwars is, of course, the fact
that they only do stun damage.  Granted, this is extraordinarily useful if the
goal is to kidnap the King's concubine (who amongst us hasn't acted *that* one
out?)or whatever, but for a good old-fashioned bash-fest, they hardly seem
inspired.

This isn't bad form! ... I'm forwarding this to the group since Aaron's having
trouble posting:

Aaron says:

[begin excerpt]
So what's a macephile to do?

My suggestion would be since flanged maces like the new ones from Little Armory
were originally designed TO crush armor that the 'permanent damage' optional
rule would work well. You apply your permanent stun damage to the helmet. When
you exceed the AV of the helmet, the permanent damage begins to apply to the
head inside, negating helmet plusses. The stun rules state that a troop goes
from: Stunned to Unconscious to Dead. So you have to hit him in the head three
or four times, but if you have four guys with maces, it's no big deal.

Another option would be the Critical Success, Critical Failure rule. Roll the
highest possible number and your damage is full, not stun. Roll the lowest
possible number and your opponent mistakes the gonging sound in his helmet for
the voice of God, Buddha, or some other hero-inspiring deity.

Aaron
[end excerpt]