  Brikwars at OurCon 04

Hi all! I know this is arguably early to be discussing it, but the organizers of OurCon have been pushing me to inspire/suggest/develop event ideas for their convention next year. One of the things I tossed at them was that I knew of some BrikWars (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.events)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

I was actually sitting around yesterday trying to come up with a way to do a convention type Brikwars. I think I came up with a game that could be do able, but of course I'll need to test it first. So if anyone is up for doing a weekly/monthly (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

Actually, didn't Rayhawk run something small-scale and objective-oriented at BricksWest? It's probably on his site... I'd love to help, but I'm no good for a weekly match. I can brainstorm, though. I'm already seeing a squads of space troopers (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

(...) It was originally planned to be small-scale, but I ended up way overbuilding, the game ended up taking about 8 hours. (...) I agree, a three-hour time slot is a lot more realistic. I did set aside a section at the beginning of the 2001 to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

(...) Sweet! FYI to all, according to Jeff Lawrence (the man to-be-in-charge), here are the kinds of time slots to expect if planning a BW (or QW) game at OurCon '04: "That is yet unclear. What *I'm* pushing for is the option for 3,4 and 5 hour (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

I think the three hour time slots would work well for the game I have in mind. What I've come up with so far is a TL2 game for mulitple players broken up into three stages each consisting of three missions. Each of these missions can be done at the (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

(...) I agree, especially for a Gaming Con where non-AFOLs will be invited to join, that it would be nice to have the players be allies versus NPC opponents. Having NELUG play the NPCs would work nicely. This creates a nice scenario where teamwork (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Brikwars at OurCon 04

(...) I always appreciate other options, because they let me see things that I might have over looked. In the end I usually take all the feedback I get and modify the game to try and meet as many of them as possible. I agree that losing troops is a (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)