Subject:
Trade Event.?.?.?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:46:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Query...

I am wondinging if anyone would be interested in a LEGO trade event.  I know
some here have a "LEGO incomming only" rule but for me that has become
impractical.  I just don't have the $$$ or space to accomidate such a policy.
I have tried Bricklink but that is to time consuming for me.  So until we put
an addition on our house or sell our children I need to find a way to manage my
collection while still being able to diversify my collection.

So this is what I envision happening.  (For the sake of this example lets say 5
people are participating).

Each person brings LEGO that they are willing to trade (or possibly sell but
trading is preferable).  Each person would be responsible for bringing a sheet
to spread thier LEGO out on and 4 decent sized containers (five participants
minus 1 for self).  Each container would be identifiable to that person.  Each
person would then put one of their containers at each of the other 4 locations.
Then working in a clockwise (or other random selection process) each person
would spend about 10 minutes at each collection picking what they would like
from that collection.  When the 10 minutes is up you would leave you container
at that location and move to the next.  At the end each person would compair
their take with each other and determine if they have a fair trade.  If so then
all is good, if not then some negotiation will have to take place.

Potentially it could work that maybe person the sum of a 3 or 4 way trade makes
things even.  For example I take lots of stuff from person 1 but almost nothing
from person 2.  Person 1 wants lots of person 2 parts but little from me and
person 2 wants an equal amount from each.  In this case as long as each person
is happy with the overall gain to loss ratio then everyone is happy.

I would really like to try this if there are 3 or 4 people interested.  Ideally
these people would not all be interested in the same things because that would
make trading difficult.  I think a larger group than that for the first attempt
at something like this would be to many.  I would have to see if I can host or
not but I would guess I could.

Please post here if you are interested and if you have any other ideas on a
possible trade session.

Eric Kingsley