Subject:
Gobble Gobble! meeting? was: Re: Boo! meeting?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:44:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Jorge Fernandez writes:
In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hey all. Has anyone talked about an Oct. meeting?

We're running out of October pretty fast... Looks more like November.
<snip>

First, congrats regarding all the newly expected births!  I hope all the
little ones turn out to be good little LEGO collectors (but not so much as
to abscond with their parent's sets....)   :)

Anywho, I was just posting to ask exactly what sort of things occur at the
NELUG meetings.  I have been considering attending, but am not certain what
to expect or bring, etc.  Also, I would be coming from Greenfield (2 hours
west by northwest...or something like that), and if on a worknight that
means not arriving in the Waltham area until 7:ish.  Nonetheless, I hope to
make it to a meeting sometime sooner or later.

So, what does one do at a NELUG meeting?  Bring MOCs to share?  Discuss
alternate uses of some obscure hard to find TECHNIC element?  Stage contests
on whose catapult can send a Fright Night the farthest?  Rant about
juniorization issues?  Measure how many beers it takes before a person can't
build LEGO anymore? ....(I could go on... but I think the idea is for you
guys to answer, not me...)   =]

Also, if any of you live closer to Western Mass and want to meet up, just
say so.  (I have posted to lugnet.loc.ma suggesting such, but possibly
someone on LUGNET doesn't read that group...).

Thanks!  And play well!

-Hendo