 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 154 (-20)
  Re: Brik Wars -- answer me!

(...) This is a pretty broad question although I don't think you meant it that way. First, Anyone can play Brikwars. There is no limitations set on who can and cannot play. Second (And I think the answer you are looking for), If it is a NELUG (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general)

  Brik Wars -- answer me!

Are Brik Wars events limited to NELUG members? (IE, people 18+) And yes, I read all of the rules -- it doesn't mention this anywhere .. legomasterluke (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general)

  Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.

(...) Agreed - the most spectacular actions of the game were indeed the destructions ... you may notice the armored car in the pictures has spouts of flame coming from the hatch - that was the handiwork of a spaceninja tossing grenades. Another (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.

(...) You guys are too kind. BrikWars is just bits and pieces from a million other wargames. Anything original in there is just jokes and gags, and ideas that a couple dozen other people sent in e-mails. The only difference between BrikWars and all (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general)

  Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.

(...) idea (...) One trick I've found that works well in that regard is to pretend you "forgot" about the 200-pt. limit. I'll tell you what though, having a more balanced force will help you win and all that, but a month after the game is over (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.

I noticed a nice looking tree next to the yellow house with the blue roof. Do you have any close ups of the round tree? (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general)

  Re: Brik Wars

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Drew Lawrence writes: <snip> I have no idea 'bout the other question but... (...) Around Boston, MA. You'd be better off xposting this to .loc.ma.bos, but heck - I did it for ya :-) Now here's MY question... 5) Is playing (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Next Meeting/BrikWars game

I too think this sounds good ... personally, I say lets go for the room at Brandeis, I will gladly cough up money to rent the room, especially if we can have it until late. And, like Eric, I have been reevaluating my forces. I realized that I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Next Meeting/BrikWars game

(...) This sounds great to me, although you already knew that. I think a big room with a big table or better yet just some 4x8 or 3x6 folding tables that we can move around on our own with a sufficant number of chairs would be great. If I have time (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Next Meeting/BrikWars game

Well, I would like to get the ball rolling on the date of the next BrikWars game. Some of us (Eric, Neil, Shaun, and myself) had tossed around a couple of ideas, and I think the one that seemed to float the best was the last Saturday in April, the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.

(...) Well, the mechanics and rules can be found online at: (URL) a more general level, the game is a wargame played by two or more players. You build armies of minifigs and vehicles, and use the rules to have them blow each other up, and create (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general)

I keep hear talk about these kinds of games, but I guess I'm not "hip" enough to understand them. How do they work? jt Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) fun (...) idea (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general)

  NELUG Brickwars 04/01/00 pics are up.

Here are the first pic's from the NELUG Brikwars event. As Eric J. said fun was had by all and we have already begun discussions for a second Brikwars event where we are not as constrained on time. I personally had a great time and I am not much of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general) !

  BRIKWARS - YESTERDAY!! (was Re: BRIKWARS - TOMORROW!!)

(...) It went fairly well. A good time was defnitely had by all. We had three new players, and a good portion of the morning was spent going over the vehicles they brought and assigning stats to them. Unfortunately, this means that by the time the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: BRIKWARS - TOMORROW!!

(...) Don't leave me hanging in suspense here. How did it go? - Mike Rayhawk ---...--- Check out the Official BrikWars Home Page at (URL) ---...--- (25 years ago, 2-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  east coast brickfest...

...Please forgive the intrusion into the local lists for non-local matters, but I wanted to cross-post this to your respective lists to make sure as many ppl in our region get the news. ...There will be many more announcements of this, but just in (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  BRIKWARS - TOMORROW!!

For any and all who might be interested !!! Tomorrow is the long-rumored, much anticipated Brikwars event! Please feel free to come by, even if only for a little while. Take pictures, socialize, see some of the creations ... or just join us (...) (25 years ago, 31-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Initially I used the large baseplate to make it easier to build. The primary purpose of this building is for a window display where an interior would be (mostly) wasted plastic. The current castle is a big, empty shell -- the floorplan exists (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) Impressive. Most impressive. You have quite a large structure there. What made you decide to use the large baseplate rather than smaller hinged sections? Or do you have a lifting roof for interior access? Cool! Aaron maniac@vol.com (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Pictures Posted

(...) I just posted several close-up shots of my castle, including a couple of "fig's-eye views." (I've never seen such a humongous 1x2 brick!) The new shots also show a few architectural details and also the drawgate mechanism. I'm not sure why, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Mar-00, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact