 Organizations / United States / NELUG / 1309 (-20)
  Re: New street scene

(...) Tom, This looks great. I don't think we will need to worry much about scenery this time around. If anything I am worried about not having enough room. Eric Kingsley (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Any Interesting Cars need building?

Shaun, Have I found the perfect railroad cars for you!!! (URL) that should be right up your ally. BTW Eric Brok has done one of these... (URL) do know that these ranged in size all the way up to a massive 4 rail German Gun that needed a batalion of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  New street scene

Hello everyone, I have put up a few pictures of my redesigned street scene, as well as a few other things I made for the train show. Check them out at (URL) let me know what you think. Thanks Tom D (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: NELUG gets top billing again...

(...) Sounds great. I'm planning on making the trip up there from NYC for it. I'll pay the $6.00 though, me in a scout uniform? No way. :) Jonathan (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org)

  NELUG gets top billing again...

Well for the 2nd time in a row NELUG has recieved top billing on the flyers for the upcoming Greenberg train show 03/31-04/01 in Willmington MA. Here is a scan of the flyer: (URL) this keeps up I am going to ask for Honorarium $$$ commensurate with (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Brikwars Game 3/17/2001: LONG

Right, exactly... d'oh. As I explaned to Shaun, I wasn't really sure how to go about inviting myself. It just seemed kind of odd (?) to say "Hey I'll be there!" when I'm not certain anyone knows or remembers just who I am. I'll try to be less coy (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 Willmington MA

Well, for that price, I guess my crossings can do without the flashing lights! On a related note, Chris Leach has graciously offered to loan us about 15 straight peices of monorail track for the layout. I sent him out a check for shipping the other (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Greenberg Train Show 3/31-4/1 Willmington MA

(...) More info on my source for 1x4 dual-bulb light elements -- I got mine in <set:6979> Interstellar Starfighter, which comes with 289 pieces including UFO hull pieces, a fiber optic setup, and the aforementioned dual lighting element. This set (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Game 3/17/2001: LONG

(...) Wayne- The concept of who is and isn't in NELUG as such is kind of loosely defined. We don't have dues or demand that you show up to 4 out of 5 meetings or expect 5 hours of service to the club per month or anything. We have an age limit (18+) (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Game 3/17/2001: LONG

Howdy... As always, I'm curious if this is sort of an open invite or a members only? As a BrikWarrior myself, I'm always looking for a chance to let others to kick my patootie and/or teach me new and interesting lessons on loosing. I'm not 100% sure (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Brikwars Game 3/17/2001: LONG

(...) Are you kidding? We've been drooling in the hopes of them making it to a game for about a year and a half, now! Seriously, they'd be great! Last game Jeff J. even brought a hover-pickup (complete with rust spots and a hunting kill tied to the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: ICLTC

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) this (...) See Todd's reply. (...) I could have worded this better. I know no-one wants to exclude women from the organisation. What I meant was, why use exclusive language when it's not necessary. (...) (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) That thought train sounds like rationalization to me. But it's not my brotherhood so forget my two cents. --Todd [followups to .trains.org] (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: ICLTC

(...) If you read between the lines, I most certainly did. (...) Regardless of being or not being PC, I think it's a sexist, stupid name. --Todd (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

I'm in ours :) I would have said something about the "international brotherhood" but I pledged a fraternity freshman year, and even the girls were addressed as "brother so-and-so". (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: ICLTC

(...) He didn't say anything. (...) The BLE has female members. Further, clubs don't even HAVE a gender, it's a brotherhood of CLUBS not of club members. Why be gratuitiously PC when it's not necessary? ++Lar (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) What do *you* think? (or was that a facetious question? :-) ) I would prefer not to belong to any club that excludes girls. (I *like* girls, just ask me, they're fun to have around) I can think of at least one girl member of most of the train (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

Hi all, if I did get it right you are planning, or allready set up a mailing list system for Lego Train Clubs? I would like to participate as a representative of the FGLTC (First German LEGO Train Club) which was founded by Ben. Perhaps he also (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) I would love to be one of the reps from BayLUG! Russell (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) I'd love to be the 2nd North Carolina rep (though if Cary or James want's the honor that would also work with me). I have made an effort to be in contact with other groups (just went up to Richmond on Saturday for the 2nd RichLUG meeting for (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact