 Organizations / United States / NCLUG / 144
Re: train show preparation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nclug
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:58:54 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nclug, Mike Walsh writes:

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message

[ ... excessive snippage ... ]

I got a reply from GATS today for the June 23 & 24 show here in Raleigh.  We
have been put on "Hold for Show" status which means that GATS will not
confirm whether or not we have a space until 30 days before the show.  I am
disappointed by this response.  I specifically did not request a guarentee
to try and ensure that we would get in.

I think at this point we should proceed with getting tables built as soon as
possible, and once we have tables, start contacting every show we find and try
and get in. It will probably be easier to get into the shows once we've been to
one or two. We may also want to check out other possible venues. We might be
able to find a church or library which would offer us free space for a Saturday
show, in which case we could also try and acquire a K-8 or two to feed a play
area.

Also, if we have stuff ready to go, we may be able to join up with Wamalug or
NGLTC, though it would be real nice to do something local and see if we can
shake out more interest.

Frank