Re: Scott's Interesting Weekend
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:33:50 GMT

Jason & All,

Cool.  What are the pieces of hardboard for?

I just put it on the top of the plywood, it looks like dirt, and it is silky
smooth. More astethics than anything. : )

I just realized that this is the first time since sometime in 1999 that I
ran trains at home. : )

She also had one of her co-workers come over on Sunday, with her 2 sons,
which were big LEGO fans. I think they wer 15 and 16 / 17, repectively, so I
know their frustration on not getting enough LEGO to fulfill their desires
and building schemes.  I set up the train station, and the Shell Station,
and had a nice little train layout so they can run the trains. They were
over for 1.5 hours and we had a nice time, talking about LEGO, I can go
forever. : )

I can't imagine knowing someone with a collection like yours when I was that
age.  I wish I had.  Maybe I wouldn't have had that dark age.  I'm sure they
had a blast.

They did, and she really liked the Shell Station. She thought it was very
realistic.

I'd come to meetings.  It would be refreshing to only drive a hour to get to a
meeting.

I don't know if I would really ever do it, though. I have my hands full with
MichLUG, and Lynn's tolerance is on the threshold of killing me as it is.
Maybe one day.

Scott S.