Re: Castle Stuff?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:36:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Greg Berlin writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Tony Hedglen writes:
I was wondering how much castle stuff is in Michlug. I?m thinking we can put
up a sci-fi/castle display and the train display for my fundraiser event.

Hi, my name is Greg Berlin and I am new to Michlug.  I have loads of castle
stuff and I have just completed a castle.  Please let me know where the Nov.
meeting will be.  Thanks, Greg

**Update on fundraiser below**

Hi Greg,

My name is Tony and I’m the one planning the fundraiser event. This event
will take place November 9 10 11th of November in Lansing. Michlug is having
a meeting on the 20th of October in Dewitt, which is right next door to
Lansing. Here is the post.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/michlug/?n=2285

We will be discussing this event in detail during this meeting. The main
display will be the train/town display, but I wanted to incorporate other
stuff as well. I wanted to make a castle area and a space area. This is a
time to set-up a trial display for the sci-fi / fantasy show in January.
You’re more than welcome to display all the castle stuff you want. I have
lots of room and I love to see castle stuff. Bring some of you creations to
the October meeting so I can get an idea on what you have. If you can’t make
it to the meeting then let me know what you have or show me some pictures.
Thanks for your interests.

**Update**

Now I’m going to make the deal sweeter. Just for people who haven’t made up
their mind yet. I am going to sell pizza at this event and the money I get
from this will be split up evenly among the people that participate. Nothing
will be measured. The key word is participation. The average I’m thinking is
20 bucks per person. Now that depends on how much pizza is sold and how many
people attend. It might be 30. At least there will be some money for the
dive. Now we will be meeting at the church around 5pm to set up tables. Any
help would be wonderful. Display set up will start at 6pm. The set up time
has to be that late because there is a child care program down there till
5-5:30pm. So now there is a free place to stay free food and money for gas.
To top it all off we get to play with our stuff. If you have questions feel
free to ask. Thanks!

Tony