Re: GATS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:26:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Yes, those pictures are great and it took some hours to look through.

Could someone please let me know, how many people have been attendes of the
GATSs Lego Layout.

I am going to assume, when answering these questions that you are talking about
the most recent GATS show, as in the show that can be seen in the pictures
here:  http://www.michlug.org/

As far as who all was in attendence, read Scott Sanburn's Report here:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=1177

All of the following people brought models and helped with setup: Chris Leach,
Steve Ringe, Larry Pieniazek, Amy Hughes, Tony Hedglen, Rick Hallman, Jason
Spears, Peter Guenther, and Scott Sanburn .  (Forgive me if I forgot anyone.)

People who helped setup - Julia Barai and friend, Steve Bliss and family
(Kristin (wife), Jamie and David(kids)) and Lynn Sanburn (Scott's wife).  Kai
Brodersen also lent track to the club.

Who has been there and whose models are to be seen? I know
only a very few of the names so far, so please let me know a little more....

See above comment.  As for putting names to creations,

Steve Ringe's Roundhouse, turntable, and train shed:
Coal dispensing tower:
Train Station and Water Tower:
Bridges':

Scott Sanburn's Shell Station:
And Scott's Octan fuel reserves:
Office Building:

In this picture you can see Amy's large office building:
her church:
and her Arboretum and monorail stop:

Chris Leach had a large number of models in the display, with a lot of the
downtown area, the sububs, and the airport.
Downtown:
Suburbs and fire station:
Airport:

Rick Hallman's:
Gunshop (between Lion's Gate Model's Painted Lady and Schoolhouse - provided by
Larry): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=59727
Rick's Hanger:
and his Walgreens -the corner building:
his Submarine:
his city bus:

Tony Hedglen's house on the water:
Office/Apartment buildings and parking garage:
Blue and Black building, plus constructions site:

Larry Pieniazek's Skyline Chili:
and other Guild of Bricksmith models he brought:

Peter Guenther brought a array of fast food joints, plus the Oscar Meyer
weiner: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=59714

I brought my GoKart factory, some misc vechicle and my Dairy Queen:
(Note: I hadn't intended to have the factory open, so I didn't have it
finished.  I went out Saturday night and bought 10 1251 from Shell to
approximate it for Sunday.  A large number of people both of the crowd and of
MichLUG wanted to see inside so I appeased the masses :p  .)

Who has planned the layout?

Chris Leach and Steve Ringe did a lot of the work with everyone else helping
hammer out details and offering suggestions.

Who has brought rolling stock, who buildings?

Most everyone brought some rolling stock and it got all mixed up throughout the
show.  Notable contributers: Larry, Steve R, Jason, Scott, and Chris.  The
buildings were a collarative effort as detailed above.

Have there been people just for working on the layout without own models? Have
you chartered some trucks for the transport of this amount of bricks? ;-)

Thanks!

Ben

Yes some people helped without bringing their own models (I mentioned names
above.)  We worked on Friday from 3:00pm to 9:00pm getting the tables level,
laying baseplates down, seting up trees and flowers, puting buildings in place,
puting rollicg stock out etc.  Then from ~7:00am to 11:00am (Right as the crowd
came in) on Saturday morning we finished setup.  So about 9-10 hrs setup.
Sunday about 20 minutes before the show ended we started cleaing up, just
picking up trees and cars at first, but at 5pm everything was fair game.  By
7pm everything was tore down and most of the cars were loaded with our stuff.
As Larry mentioned most everybody brought their stuff in their vechile and took
it home the same way.  If the majority belonged to the club and not to
indiviual members we might have to rent some trucks, but for now, it's a bring
it yourself affair.

-Jason Spears
http://www.geocities.com/spearjr/brickcentral.html

PS I think I was right with all the info I presented but if I was wrong with
any of the details please correct me.