Re: Mackinac Island - Tony's Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 02:58:16 GMT

Tony is having uploading problems, so I posted a picture for him. It is here:

I think in some ways this is dead-on.  The space for the hotel might be a
little small, but other than that there's enough space there to suggest
Mackinac--and that's all we can do, suggest.  Several shops, maybe a B&B,
and we're there.  Amy's right though--it's too deep to work well on.  Could
we instead have a "spur" off our main tables and put it on that, just the
island and maybe a little water?  It would mean no railroad running by it
though--and would make the bridge kind of pointless.

Anywho, I'm sure the idea will get a lot more revision in the next five
months, particularly as we see what everybody has.  I agree with Larry on
having at least one ferry slip.  Scott's idea about forgoing tables for
water--what if we build the tables to leave a U, and have a couple tables in
the center of the U, with enough space so people can walk between the
mainland and the island?

Peter