Re: Mackinac Island - Tony's Thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 17:21:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Peter Guenther writes:

Anywho, I'm sure the idea will get a lot more revision in the next five
months, particularly as we see what everybody has.  I agree with Larry on
having at least one ferry slip.

One ferry slip has the advantage of allowing the ferry to be pretty large.
Large enough to support some complex switching, etc. That's attractive! (I
know how this club feels about large things. :-)  )

Two ferry slips requires a much smaller ferry unless it dominates the entire
layout, but allows for interesting operations as we actually ferry things
across, assuming we can suss out how to do it. (think blue tile based
guideways so they are invisibleish??? you can mount the 1x4 tiles vertically
on edge on blue baseplates)

++Lar