Re: MTLC Logo - Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:04:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Jason Spears writes:

Well I vote for the DTI one, in Black and White.  Very sharp.  I think
it would
look great on our flyers and our shirts (assuming we ever got around to that.)

The one change I would ask J2 to make would be to make the spacing uniform
instead of having L E G O in one quadrant because it's a short word. Better
to have blank space on either side of    LEGO    in my opinion.

I am also very OK with the Grand Trunk all text that was mentioned as an
option OR the Pere Marquette PM2. I'm just happy we have some good choices,
we were stuck before when it was just me coming up with logos... :-)

Maybe someone should volunteer to collect votes if we think we've seen
enough possibilities, or do we need to see the Grand Trunk made all text and
the spacing fixed on the DTI compass rose first?

If we vote my suggestion would be to use a "top 3" process in which everyone
rank orders their top three choices. If a majority is achieved just taking
the top choices, we're done but if not, add the second choices in and see if
there is a new majority, and still if not, add the third choices.... Or else
use 3 points for first 2 for second and 1 for third and whatever gets the
most points is it???

Another alternative is whoever actually organizes the shirts gets to choose.
That would motivate *me* to work on the shirts I guess. :-)

-Jason