Re: GATS - What do I need to bring?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:05:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All,

I asked this last week, but I really need to know what to bring, because I
am not planning on going back to South Bend until the conclusion of GATS, so
any information is greatly appreciated.

I need to have a rough idea of what I need to bring, I will obviously bring
more than enough stuff for my areas, but if you need anything for your part
of the display, I need to know ASAP. I am planning on bringing about half as
much as last time.

Here are my questions (Mostly directed at Chris and Steve R.):

1) Do I need to bring signs?
2) Do I need to bring emergency vehicles (ambulances, fire trucks, police • cars?)
3) Do I need to bring planes, helicopters, etc?
4) Do I need to bring support vehicles, such as fuel trucks, repair
equipment, for the airport?
5) Trains - What do we need (Mostly stock, folks!)

I am planning on bringing minifigs, civilian vehicles, tress, signs, plates
(Road and regular) etc. If you need something, please ask me, I have a ton
of stuff. Feel free to e-mail me privately if yo do not want to here.

We have roughly less than two weeks, folks, let's make this the best show we
can!

Any other GATS ideas or suggestions, don't be afraid to post.

Scott S.

We need a count on switches, I think we need 13 right and 9 left, I have 5
sets. We may be able to use a couple more if Chris can get us extra tables.

I will bring the barriers, duct tape, shims, a couple of extension cords, a
cordless drill (for adjusting the barriers).  We will also need pushpins for
attaching the skirt to the barriers. C-clamps, I have 6-8 that should be large
enough, bring as many as you can find.

Do we want to have a rope barrier at the entrance to the inside of the layout?
I don't think we want people to be able to walk up to the bridges. Maybe we can
just string a rope between the tables.

As far as Lego, we could use ramps and maybe gates for all the road crossings,
there are 4 double track crossings and 1 triple.  Also maybe some signal lights
to put around the track.  Maybe bring some 16x16 and 16x32 green baseplates,
Chris may have enough, I am not sure.

Bring as many electrical wires as you have, if we have enough, maybe we can
keep all the regulators in one spot. Do we need multiple regulators on each
mainline? I have run 45-50ft of track on 1 without any problems. I think we
should also put the yard on a separate regulator because of the track
cross-over and also to allow staging of trains while the mainlines are in use.

Any additions? Comments?

LMKWYT,
Steve