Re: Reminder: Meeting/Get-together in Ada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 21:03:40 GMT

Here are a few more details about next week.

--===== General Stuff =====--

Time:  I'm planning on starting around 2pm, and continuing as long as
anyone wants to stay.  If you're somewhat earlier than 2, that's fine--I
might still be hiding the Christmas mess.  If you can't make it until
later, that's OK, too.

Food:  If you can bring something--holiday snacks, chips, soda (er,
pop)--that'd be awesome.  I'm planning on getting pizza later, so if you
want to kick in for that, cool.  If you can't help with food, don't worry
about it, just come!

Alcohol: I don't mind if you bring some, but I probably won't have any on
hand.  Just remember, there are going to be kids present, and adults who
are below the legal drinking age.  Plus, the weather could turn out ugly,
and snow, cars and alcohol *really* don't mix.  So let's go easy on this
stuff, OK?

--===== LEGO Stuff =====--

Gift Exchange/Building Challenge:  I think it would be fun, and seasonal
:), if everyone brings a 'gift', a wrapped package containing a small
number of LEGO parts.  I'm thinking somewhere between 20 and 30 pieces per
package.  We could exchange the gifts by drawing numbers (or do a white
elephant game), and then we'd all have to build something out of the pieces
we got. No prizes, just fun.

For those of you don't have "loose pieces" around, you could bring a small
set or two; like the SHELL mini-sets or polybags.

Does this sound like a good idea to y'all?

Trading:  There have been a few inquiries about trading activity.  If
you're interested, bring what you've got.  I've got my BrickBay inventory I
can trade from (since my shop is closed right now).

MOCs: Definitely bring any constructions you want to share.  I don't have
anything put together right now. :(  But I hope to put at least a couple
hours into building between now and the 27th.

Train Show: I figure there will be some discussion of the upcoming train
show. But I don't know if enough of the players will be there to get into
serious discussion, or not.

New Sets:  If anyone wants to bring (some of) their Christmas Loot, that
would be cool.  I know not all the 2001 sets will be under *my* tree, and
I'd appreciate the chance to examine them all in detail.

That's it for now.  If you've got any other ideas for the 'fest, I'm all
ears!

Steve