Subject:
Discounted Lego sets: Beverly Center Kay-Bee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 03:12:33 GMT

Greetings fellow LUGOLA-ians!

I'm sorry I haven't been to any of the more recent meetings.
I hope to remedy this situation in the future.

In the meantime, I'd like to report on some Lego swag I was able to acquire
today. I happened to be at the Beverly Center (in the Eastern side of
Beverly Hills) and I discovered that the Kay-Bee Toys there was closing down.
Everything is marked down 40%, and this includes Lego sets.

Here's what I got:

4793 Alpha Team Ogel Shark Assault Sub - $7.79 (from $12.99)
4796 Alpha Team Ogel Mutant Squid - $3.59 ($5.99, I bought two)
7113 Star Wars Tusken Raider Encounter - $3.59 ($5.99)
7119 Star Wars Twin-Pod Cloud Car - $3.59 ($5.99)
7111 Star Wars Droid Fighter - $1.00 ($1.67)

So grand total was $25.06 with tax. Not too shabby, considering the
Ogel Shark Assault Sub is worth $20 new by itself.

The selection of sets is limited. Aside from those listed above,
they also had an ungodly large amount of "Gungan Patrol" sets,
"Final Showdown" sets (Skywalker, Imperial Officer, and Stormtrooper),
a couple of "Ewok Attack", a lot more "Tusken Raiders", more Alpha Team
underwater stuff, some Extreme Island sets, Technic Pit Droids, and
a few Harry Potter sets. There are very few large sets, it's mostly
medium, medium-small, and small sets. Quantities are limited so act now!

The Beverly Center takes up a whole city block and is bordered by 3rd Street,
La Cienega Blvd, Beverly Blvd, and San Vincente Blvd. It's located just East
of the world-famous Cedar Sinai Hospital. Parking is $1 for 3 hours.

Happy hunting!

Zrath (The Lego Psychopath)