Subject:
Next meeting and new Lego stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:24:04 GMT

Greetings and salutations,

If everything goes as planned, I will be at the next meeting.
Lugola member Jimmy has once again extended the generous use of his
passenger seat. So I guess Jimmy will be at the meeting too. <Grin>

In other news, I was recently at my local TRU (Culver City) and saw:

1) At least 7 different Jack Stone sets. This is a new series aimed
at kids ages 4 and up. It's kinda like super-simplified Town Jr.
(I know, I didn't think it was possible to make something simpler
than Town Jr., but there you go!) with largish figures.
It's just about useless to us builders.

2) 2 Jurassic Park III sets (add-ons to the Studio line). One is
the Spinosaurus Attack set, with Spinosaurus and plane stuck in a
tree (I saw this at E3). The other is the Velociraptor Rumble, with
a pair of strangely duck-billed Velos and a small pterodactyl.

3) 4 small Dinosaurs sets. Contrary to my Japanese-Lego-Catalog-toting
pessimistic friend from E3, it looks like the Dinosaurs line is shipping
to the US, and this year too! The initial 4 sets I saw are tiny and
cost $4. There's a "Young Brachiosaurus", "Young Dimetrodon", "Young
Ankylosaurus", and "Young Dinosaur-of-some-kind". The dinos are blocks
with a special head and tail (and fin).

4) Bionicle stuff!! There's all sorts of wacky stuff for the Bionicles!
There's a trading card game (oh joy), a music CD with a small Bionicle
Villager thing, boxes containing 6 Bionicle masks, dueling Bionicle
scorpions, and dueling Bionicle rock'em-sock'em snakebots with treads.
Bizarre...

5) The Star Wars AT-ST set. It's small and cheap ($10), and while it's
got that wonderful patented shuffle-walk action (last seen in the
equally wonderful Roboforce sub-line), it's got some fairly useful parts
if you're into mech or combat hardware design.

That's about it.
I'm going to have to scramble and work on a MOC for the meeting.
I haven't done anything since the previous meeting.
I've been busy with a new job and other things.

Anyway, y'all have a good one and see you next month!

Eric B.