Re: Weeks Jambalaya Box - round two
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 07:49:54 GMT

From Tom, the box will pass to me on Saturday the 15th. The rules for LUGOLA are
the same, except that I will be keeping a log for Chris that details who you are
and what your interests are. If you are unsure of this format, read the above
posts for an example. A $1 shipping fee will be charged for ANYONE who trades
with the box. Any additional cash that is collected will go into the box to help
Chris pay for future shipping. I agree completely with Tom about scheduling a
time to work with the box, but since I plan to have it with me throughout the
15th, I guess anytime on that day is fine.

If anyone can't make the LUGOLA meeting at Legoland on the 15th, please let me
know and I'll do my best to get the box to you on Sunday the 16th before I ship
it back to Chris on the 17th.

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
OK, guys, I should get this sometime next week, hopefully.

The rules:
The box stays with me (upon request of Chris, and I agree).
If you want to trade in, you pay $1 - this is for return shipping to Chris,
everyone from
   NoCal and SoCal will pay that trades into it.
You help me keep a list of parts traded in/out of the box (IOW, we write it all
down before
   we complete the trade and you leave)
You schedule a time with me to drop by to trade into it.
All trades should at a minimum be equal in value.

Post here as to what you would trade in or take out, that way other BayLUGers
trading before you can possibly stock the box with those items.  Posting the times
you might be able to drop by might be good too.

HEY, just thought of something - assuming it shows up before next Sat, I'll bring
it to SJ for the Soccer Tour Truck, and people can trade into it there!

I, personally, might trade in/out several times, but I'm going to try to just wait
until right before I take it to Kidvention ;-)

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi all,

This past weekend, it was at the East Coast Brick Fest and a few people traded
with it.  There's some good stuff.  And I want it to go out again.

I'm going for a 'quick win' with the box.  I'm shipping it to Tom Stangl who
will share it with all the bay area folks who wish to participate and then
he'll take it to the kidvention and hand it off to David Johann who'll share it
with the LUGola people who wish to participate and then it'll be sent back to
me.

If you're in either location, contact one of them and get in on it if you want
to.

At that point I'll start the five per rotations more closely based on the gives
and takes that are listed.  I've started to compile some before and after
relationships so it's not going to be too hard.

Chris

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/