Re: Bulk sales at Legoland are back and better than ever!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 01:32:16 GMT

The model shop - as in the building right by Miniland they build the park
models in?  Whoa...I had no clue they were selling bulk bricks there.  Or is
this a new place in the park somewhere else??

-Tim

In lugnet.legoland.california, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Hi all,
I just got back from Legoland CA, and man was it a good trip! After having
the model shop closed all winter, it has made a return! From what the MC who
was working there said, they only open it when they get a certain number of
people in the park, and today was one of the days. I guess the combnation of
the new Technic ride (which is AWESOME!) and still spring break for a few
kids put the attendance over the "open" limit for the model shop. I looked
over to the shop when I first got there and it was closed, so it opened
somewhere between 11 and 1:30pm.
Now to my point, Last summer they only had a few colors and options (see
this thread: http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=6607). But when I
went over to the shop today one of the bins was filled with bricks of
different sizes and colors, so I asked what colors were available (as I
spied a nice tower of lots of different color bricks) ~ The MC's reply was
"what color would you like?" I was speechless for a second ~ what color do I
ask for?? So I asked for Pink, she then said "ok" and pulled a bin out of
the side of the shop! They had dark pink and light pink! I was shocked! I
did not really pay attention to the dark pink selection, just to the light
pink - they had 1x1 bricks (yes bricks!) and 2x2 tiles and 1x2 and 1x3
plates and 1x2 center stud plates! I asked how much they were, $6.99 for a
quater pound - sounded good to me so I said I will take some, this is what I
got:
1x1 brick = 89 (all they had)
2x2 tile = 56  (all they had)
1x2 center stud = 99  (all they had)
1x2 plate = 14
1x3 plate = 32
all this for 6.99! looks good to me! They do carry all transparnt colors
(from what I was told) but she said somebody cleaned her out earlier that
day -ok who did it?, lol) So heads up to all who will be out here on the
28th - head over to the model shop! They also had the new green color (the
Statue of Liberty color) and brown and all the other colors they make. And
they do re-stock often form what I was told. I did not see any parts that
are exclusive, but I really did not ask or look at everything they had.
I am off to play with my new massive collection of pink Lego!
Mark P
mfuss903@aol.com