Subject:
Meetings By-Laws (All members need your vote)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:59:01 GMT

Someone must have been reading my mind last night. I've been trying to think of
a better way to handle the meetings and what everyone will be required to do in
order to (Leap of Faith) make more meetings. Here's what I'm thinking...

Below is how I would like to "Offically" decide on meeting dates. If we all
agree on this I will add it to our (requirements/membership)

Monthly Group Meetings:

All members are required to select a date from the meeting poll on a monthly
basis to decided when Monthly/Bimonthly meetings are to be held.

Break down of how the poll works.
During the middle point of a month(say June) a small poll will go out to
members that require them to select weekdays/end dates of the next month (say
july) that they can be avaliable for a meeting. You WILL be required to at
least answer the poll so we can sch. the best meeting day for that following
month. This will not be the firm date of the meeting. On the first of the month
(july) a firm date will be set and sch'd. Attendance will be kept but, for no
other reason then to record who's who, and what was accomplished. An agenda
will also be present so we have some guidelines to get the activities done that
need to be addressed.

----------

Other Meetings..  We had a few (casual 1 on 1 meetings) which actually seem
productive. For example, a few months ago when Kevin and I got together to do
some work. As well as Nate taking a trip to see Kevin.  I would really like to
encourage this as well because it doesn't require everyone and can be pulled
off at last min better then a large group meeting. If someone is planning any
type of these meetings GREAT. If you have something that is being worked on or
if you want to keep additional adgenda for that cool. If you want to write
about it to all post it on Lugnet, or let me know and I can put the mins. up on
the website.

With that in mind, you should get an email from me shortly for next meeting.
It will be in the formate that I would like you to vote on as well so we can
make it Offical and add it to the membership page...

Wayne

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Barnes writes:
This sounds like a very interesting idea.

And yes, the meetings are fun and I'd be even happier to find out when and
where the next might be going to be, let alone what we plan to do at it.
Wayne .....

JB

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm writes:
So far the few meetings that LUCNY has had have been a lot of fun for everyone
and we have even managed to get some serious discussion done.