    Is albany central enough ? —Jason S. Mantor
   Hi, I'm wondering is Albany central enough to participate in this group ? I don't actually live in albany, but even fewer people have heard of Selkirk so I usually just say Albany : ) -Xanthra47 (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

        Re: Is albany central enough ? —Dave Amos
     (...) Yeah, I would say so. We have a member from Staten Island, so I dont see why not. I will add you to the roster. BTW, we have a couple more people who have come out of the woodwork that want to become members, so I will add them as well. This (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

         Re: Is albany central enough ? —Ed McGlynn
     (...) I think any LUCNY meeting locations are going to stay defined in the Syracuse area, but member hometowns can hail from anywhere in NY. Echoing Dave's woodwork comment, too. Ed (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

         Re: Is albany central enough ? —Wayne Sardullo
     To continue the comment on NY residents.. I welcome ALL NY Leg-O-Holics. Why would we limit to just central? I know we have the name as such to only include Central NY but, that was never my intention. I know that we did base the name seeing how a (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

        Re: Is albany central enough ? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Wasn't Selkirk formerly home to a huge New York Central shop complex, rivaling the PRR's Altoona? (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

        Re: Is albany central enough ? —Jason S. Mantor
    There is still a large Conrail freight yard/maintenance shop in Selkirk, and I'm not sure if there was a NYC shop there in the past ... I'll hafta' ask around : ) I know there was a big D&H maintenance facillity in Albany, just about 10 miles north (...) (23 years ago, 5-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)