 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / 26
25  |  27
Subject:
Trash Day event information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 16:33:36 GMT

I figured we needed a thread specific to the topic :)

In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Jona Jeffords wrote:
   The street is 20 studs wide (the shoulders or grassy areas are each 8 studs wide). I am thinking that the bins will be on an additional base plate that will be connected to a T-junction base plate. The bin will be right on the edge of the connected plate. I hope to have some images of this set up soon. As for the bin, I think we said 8 x 8 studs because we wanted to move the front and rear bars a little bit further away from the side of the bin. I haven’t mocked this new style up yet, but again hope to get it done soon.

Okay, so I was wrong about the shoulders being 8 studs each, they are 6 each (6+6+20 = 32). Also, I have updated 24tooth to have what information is available for this event (it will get updated again soon with better info), so see this page: http://www.24tooth.com/CurrentEvent.html.

Furthermore, I took pictures last night. I have some of the nre design of the trash can as well as some of how the “can pad” will be placed on the route layout. The thumbs “should” link to larger version of the image.

The main differences between the old trash can design and the new one include: it is now 8 studs by 8 studs, the railings on the front and back of the can are an additional stud away from the can, the can is 1 beam height shorter, and there is a handle accross the top of the can.

One thing I am thinking now that I look at those images is that the landing pad for the cans may need to be widened by 1 stud on each side to allow for easier drop off of the can.

Any thoughts?

Jona