Re: Just a few highlights and points...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:54:04 GMT

[following up my own post...] somebody emailed me:

[to solve a line maze] follow the left or right side
of the line...but that might be too simple for you.

   No, actually I've not even implemented that strategy as yet (and I really
really should - walk before flying (or plummeting)). The thing is, the 13 Nov
ChiBots rules:

http://www.chibots.org/contests/rules/MazeRules/MazeRules.html

define the winner as the shortest time through the maze out of three attempts
which, "offers the robot the chance to memorize the maze and run it again to
improve it's time". *That* got my interest.

   But, again, you are 100% completely correct - I need a simple "wall-follower"
first (KISS), then try to complicate it... but dang it, the challenge is too
interesting :-).
    I'm glad there are to be no loops in the ChiBot line maze (ugh!), and that
it's 3/4" wide (I'm still surprised Gus Janssen managed what he did with
Alegomazer),

http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/smart/?n=44
http://www.lugnet.com/~726/Alegomazer

So far I'm still doing OK with the 32 globals (one global can hold two "nodes"
or junctions the way I've implemented it so far) - to traverse a 7x7 line maze
should require at worst something under 25 nodes, or 13 globals for graph
storage. But I do wish the ChiBots maze was black lines on white background
insead of the inverse. Where did they get these "black PVC tiles"?

--
Brian Davis