Re: Just a few highlights and points...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:45:04 GMT

On Tue, September 27, 2005 9:39 am, Brian Davis wrote:

Ben & I wanted to do this for BF, but (like a lot of other ideas) didn't get
around to it. Balls dump into the track at ground level, then are pushed around
and up a hill where the MTV (I like that; then the entire Moonbase system can be
the MTA ;-) runs over a bridge with no center area between the wheels, allowing
the balls to drop below the roadway. This would be fun in a GBC... additionally,
it would now be almost trivial to "invade Moonbase" with the GBC theme...
(insert evil grin here).

hmm.  That could be pretty cool.  Maybe I'll have to get some of that track...

    What has been eating up my time (you know, beside work, family, life, and
scouting out reasonably-priced gas) is trying to get a line-follower to solve a
maze. Ugh. It's a software problem, but one of the toughest ones I've tackled in
NQC (especially given the prohibition on nesting subroutines or iterative
solutions). Anybody else aiming at this for ChiBots?

I have a maze robot that was lucky enough to win the event last November.  It was a
bit slower than the bot that finished second.  However, after learning the course,
the other bot kept stopping ONE TURN before the end.

I do plan to take it again.  It uses the BFB with, I think, seven light sensors.  It
also won the advanced line following event (with a slightly different program).

And while on the subject,
what GBCm's do we want for ChiBots? At the very least I'm going to go back to a
single train with only two stations (again, if I get the time).

I think we'll be fine taking two or three modules each.  I like the
GBC-inside-a-train-loop idea, like we're using for the IndyLUG train show.

Steve