Re: something to do...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 02:19:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Sat, September 17, 2005 6:05 pm, John Barnes wrote:
X and Y positioning of the dispenser and dispenser actuation uses three motors
(I think). So moving back from the playboard, might want to be done by just
moving the dispenser back from the board area (-Y?) and not the whole player.

That's up to you (the builder).

Any chance the playboard might include "indexing" markers of some kind along the
edges to allow each side to use them if they want to. Crenellations?

I'm inclined to think that each builder may want to use his own indexing system.
However, there would need to be some markers to indicate where each block goes.
Maybe those could be white lines, on a green board.  It may be hard to see the
difference between black blocks and a green board.

Oh, did I suggest using colored blocks?

Nice idea Steve, but I wonder of 3x3 is too deterministc. What about 4x4 with
three in a line to win? Or some variant like that.

I think the 3x3 game would be mechanically harder, because the goal is raw speed.  A
4x4 game of 3 in a row would require better logic...

tough call...

Steve

Sorry, to hear that you think the next RTL game is lame.

did I miss something?  a 3x3 game was solved a LONG time ago.

and by a plastic chicken no less.

http://www.dantiques.com/images/20000/20686.jpg

Steve, are you smarter than a chicken?

The logic to solve 3x3 is public knoldge.  if you want a challange, re-do c$ or
go NUTS and try 8x8.

either way, have fun, and post lots of pics.

Chris