Re: something to do...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 03:12:09 GMT

On Sat, September 17, 2005 9:19 pm, Chris Magno wrote:
I think the 3x3 game would be mechanically harder, because the goal is raw speed.
4x4 game of 3 in a row would require better logic...

Sorry, to hear that you think the next RTL game is lame.

did I miss something?  a 3x3 game was solved a LONG time ago.

and, the mating game was solved long before any 3x3 game was even invented.  But,
that's not really the point, is it?

Actually, with the exception of C$, I suspect this will require more programming
than any game I've done.  Even with Project X, you always knew exactly where you had
to put the blocks.  I suspect it will be on about the same level as that.  Well
below C$, but still well above most other games.

There's still going to be some programming challenge to get the logic into a brick,
and figuring out how to best scan the board to make a quick move.  Heck, I'll bet
kids will have fun playing against this robot, while they wait in line to play
against Stick.

This will be a very good event for most of the people in our club.

The logic to solve 3x3 is public knoldge.  if you want a challange, re-do c$ or
go NUTS and try 8x8.

The logic for C$ was public knowledge.  It was still a challenge.  Of course, I
don't need to re-do it, because I still have a robot that I did right the first
time.

You're always welcome to come down and play with us.  I suspect we'll get around to
doing this sometime in early February.

Steve