Re: 3T
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 03:11:45 GMT

John Brost wrote:

Well, I've had some time on my hands, and being totally unhappy with my 3T robot
I decided a re-build was in order.  Probably an 85% - 90% rebuild.  About the
only thing that wasn't touched was my cube magazine & the dropper mechanism.
Everything else was changes to some extent.  Taking a cue from the rest of you,
and having rescued my touch sensors from my NEIRG robot, I decided to ditch the
rotation sensors and go with touch sensors for both X & Y movements.  Much, much
better.

I finally got workable code last night, but still not as streamlined as I'd
like.

Which leads me to this....

I have noticed an interesting thing in Mindscript, and I'm hoping somebody out
there might take notice of this and explain it to me.

}

besides being crappy code, my problem is this.  If I detect a block in A, it
should immediately recognize that, return home and stop the scanning task.  It
does this, but apparently not until it has already executed a few more lines of
code.  I know this because when it returns home, the CurX and CurY values have
already been reassigned to the location of B (1,2).  Here's my workaround...
insert a 1/2 second wait command just before the if B = 0 statement.  If I do
this, it works just fine.  I haven't figured out how long I have to wait, but
1/2 a sec works.  Anybody know why it works this way?

John

as a mindscript guy,

i cant say i've had this problem.

i ~think~ the STOP TASK command stops the task at the END of that task.
not mid task when the STOP was called. (1)

If i wasn't busy with a R20 robot I would code a quick test to test for
that condition.  have a task re-set 10 variables a - j and flip them all
from 0 to 1, then at variable e, have a WATCHER or something stop that task.

have a display show var j, OR make the last thing a SOUND 1

it will tell you if its your code or mindscript

Good luck.

Chris

1. wow listen to me, i sound like a programer or something.