Re: Over-the-train GBC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.laflrc
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 18:25:29 GMT

On Wed, September 7, 2005 12:09 pm, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.org.us.laflrc, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I don't think it's going to work... not really
accounted for in the GBC Standard is the width
of the train track.

   Another good point, and one that should probably be addressed first. One
possibility is to (further!) limit modules to 32x24 studs, with a seperate 32x8
decorative strip that can be used if need.

This won't work with current train loading & unloading stations.  The current
stations have the front of the track 32 studs from the front of the module output
(or input).

   On a more practical note, what are the constraints provided by the IndyLUG
setup in October? Where will the track enter the GBC section, for instance...

Here's a small picture from the layout.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Hassenplug/GBC/gbcarea.jpg

Area "F" is the current GBC.  It's shown as 2x6 (baseplates).  That includes the
train having 8 studs on the plate behind the GBC.

For this show, I may just mess around with having a module that's 32 studs wide, and
64 studs deep, with a train in the middle (32 in front of the train, 24 behind it).

I'm open to other ideas on how to incorporate a GBC into a train layout...

Steve