Re: Badges for the club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:52:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Eric Smith wrote:
   In lugnet.org.us.indylug, David Gregory wrote:
   The guy who makes the engraved name badges for Brickfest just announced his new website: http://www.brickengraver.com

I think it would be a great idea for everyone to get a personalized badge some time in the future.

I’m planning to use my Brickfest badge for future events. I don’t have it in front of me, but it has my name, my city/state, and “IndyLUG” on it in red/yellow/blue bricks.
  1. Eric

Yes, we who have been to a Brickfest do have the advantage as far as getting a badge, since we already have one. So far I think that Eric, me, John, Brian Darrow, Steve Hassenplug, and Robert Miles have badges from previous Brickfests. I think I remember someone saying that Leah had been to a Brickfest before too (2002?), which means she’d also have one.

That new engraver site also mentioned something about some kind of club discount. I think that may be because a club would most likely have several of the same brick (in our case, each person would have one that said “IndyLUG”). That would surely be easier to make than the same number of bricks that were all different. It’s sort of like when you order customized pencils from some place, and it’s cheaper to get 1000 of the same one than it is to get 2 different batches of 500 each. The site didn’t say so specifically, but I’m assuming that any club discount would only be applied to engraved bricks that are all ordered together.

Did anyone who was at Brickfest see much of the engraver guy’s work? I went into the room once, but he was just showing the veneer covered bricks, which I wasn’t interested in, and the coloring chemicals smelled bad, so I left fairly quickly.

David