Subject:
Badges for the club
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 01:08:31 GMT

The guy who makes the engraved name badges for Brickfest just announced his new website: http://www.brickengraver.com

I think it would be a great idea for everyone to get a personalized badge some time in the future. We could wear them to all of our club events plus wherever else you want to. A 3 brick badge is only $6, and that includes the magnet. You can always add more engraved bricks if you want to, but I think that a 3 brick badge would cover all the basics: 1 brick for your name, 1 brick for where you’re from, and 1 brick that says IndyLUG. Shipping is only $1.

These badges are a lot cheaper than shirts, (I don’t want to get badges instead of shirts; just in addition to shirts.) plus they’re more customizable. You can use whatever color of 1X8 brick you want, as long as it’s fairly common. The site says that you’d have to supply the brick if you want a rare color, but let’s face it--who wants their Maersk blue 1X8 bricks to be engraved anyway?

We can also get all the extra engraved bricks we can afford to make things like signs for buildings in our layouts. I encourage everyone to check out the site. It’s under construction though, so give it a week or so to have complete pricing and product details.

See everyone later,
David