Re: GATS Layout uncouplers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:45:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote:
Hi John,
Sounds like you've been putting a lot of work in on your uncouplers.  > We've
been meeting every Sunday at 2:00 to work on the layout and it would
probably be beneficial for you to drop by with some of your stuff to see
what would be the best way to incorporate it into the layout.  There are
only a few areas right now that are elevated above the normal table grade.
To elevate the switching yard will take a little planning and what I like to
call LEGO engineering plus lots and lots of bricks.  I know that I'd love to
have those uncouplers on the layout.

Brian D

I was told there probably was not enough bricks or time to get the uncouplers
into all the sides...but perhaps we could get at least one in the rail going to
the round house.  In any case, I do have most all the parts to make up to 8
uncouplers, so perhaps we can LEGO engineer that into our next layout.  I am not
sure when I can make it out for a build session...perhaps I could drop the
section of track off (hopefully soon) so it can be fitted in.  Perhaps for the
next show we can raise a couple tables to accommodate the uncoupers using boards
so as to save on brick usage?

John