Re: GATS Layout uncouplers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 12:24:03 GMT

Hi John,
Sounds like you've been putting a lot of work in on your uncouplers.  We've
been meeting every Sunday at 2:00 to work on the layout and it would
probably be beneficial for you to drop by with some of your stuff to see
what would be the best way to incorporate it into the layout.  There are
only a few areas right now that are elevated above the normal table grade.
To elevate the switching yard will take a little planning and what I like to
call LEGO engineering plus lots and lots of bricks.  I know that I'd love to
have those uncouplers on the layout.
The actual configuration of the layout has changed slightly over the last
few weeks and we need to update the tdl to show those changes.  (I'd do it
but I'm not adept enough with the program).
Hope you can make it out to one of the build sessions,
Brian D
----- Original Message -----
From: "John C. Moore" <JCMoore1965@aol.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.indylug@lugnet.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 06, 2003 11:38 PM
Subject: GATS Layout uncouplers

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some info on the GATS
layout...I am working on the "under the track uncouplers" and need to know • how
to mount them so as I might be able to obtain all the required parts to • make it
a simple slip in installation.  I have most of the parts ready.  I know we • had
talked about having the sides on gray bases (48x48?)...I can't tell much • from
the small bmp on the web site.  I would like to put all the uncouplers in • a row
if possible so we wont have to remember where each one is.  I planned on • doing
7, but I can do more if needed.

I need to know how far apart the tracks are for spacing purposes, and how • far
from the edge of a gray 48x48 is there a section where all the straights • line up
across the base (have I confused anyone?)  I will then attempt to create a
complete section that will simply snap into the layout.

The elevation ant that of the surrounding track will need to be the same • as the
base, two bricks and one plate.  The base on the bottom, then the two • bricks,
then the plate which will span between the tracks.  Air supply tubing will • be
under the tracks.

I have put together a new compressor with a pressure switch and 7 switches • to
control the uncouplers.

On another note...wasn't there once talk about having a drive in theater? • Any
plans for that?  I have some technic video and could perhaps come up with
something built around my lap top if desired.

John