Re: Found some skirting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 01:42:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote:
-- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com>
To: <lugnet.org.us.indylug@lugnet.com>
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: Found some skirting

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote:
I found some of that light weight table cloth material we discussed last Sunday.
They didn't any green but I bought some Blue that looks really nice.  It comes
in 40 inch x 100 foot rolls.  I bring it this Sunday and let everybody take a
look at it to se what you think.

Sounds like your "skirt chasing" paid off! How light is it? MichLUG/LTC skirting
is relatively heavyweight (not drapery but not see through either, and pretty
sturdy cloth).

Hi Larry,
This is a navy blue lightweight plastic material that should work to dress
up the table perimeter so the "junk" underneath is not as prominent.   It's
cheap ... 12.95 a roll ... and should be really easy to staple up and take
down (no sewing or special attachments necessary).  It is like the green
material that Kevin Salm had at Brickfest .. as a matter of fact that is
where I got the idea.
Brian

Ah, ok. Same as the yellow or white skirting that was around the NELUG and
MichLTC sections, then. We've used it in the past and it works well for a few
times if you're careful putting it away again...

I thought you were talking about more permanent, cloth based skirting. We had a
member's mom make it, it's pleated, has velcro loops sewn in and we're thinking
of getting something embroidered in.