Subject:
IndyLUG October Meeting Minutes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:27:19 GMT

Hello, all.  I'll try and do my best Brian Alano impersonation and give
something approximating the minutes.

Steve Hassenplug brought his Lafayette Mindstorms group down to check out
our train layout.  I think all the kids enjoyed it.  It wrapped up just
before the IndyLUG meeting started.

In attendance was:
Steve Martin
Steve Hassenplug
Steve McDonough (notice a theme here?)
Leah Cardaci
Eric Smith
Mark Peterson
Thomas Garrison

Unable to attend:
Brian Alano
Jeremy Spurgeon

After showing off our secret projects, we cleaned the tracks and generally
straightened the layout.  Eric Smith brought and filled out the application
for the Train Show in January.  The show is January 18th and 19th.  We will
have our normal monthly meeting the week before at which we will finalize
the layout.  Everyone should plan on the trainshow taking from Friday night
through Sunday.  Exact times to be decided later.  Also, people are welcome
to crash on my floor at night.

After our potluck dinner, we gathered 'round the old computer and worked
with Track Designer finalizing some plans about the layout.  The TD file and
the annotated version is on Brickshelf at:

Anyone with questions, feel free to contact me.

We then headed back to the layout and moved things around some more.  We
then had dessert and called it a night.

Other comments:

- Only 3 more meetings before the train show.
- We need to open a checking account to receive checks made to the group.
- We need to create some sort of official charter in order to do the above.
- We need to figure out how we are going to transport everything to the
trainshow.
- I'll be glad when Brian is back and I don't have to do minutes again!

Steve Martin
IndyLUG