 Organizations / United States / IndyLUG / 129 (-10)
  Re: autonomous truck

(...) FWIW, I think having the truck driving around would be probably the coolest thing on the layout. Steve (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  autonomous truck

>>Finally, I really do want to make a truck that can drive autonomously on >>the road plates. What do you think? Hey, I don't own any road plates to >>test with. Guess I'll have to buy some 8-). >>-Brian > > > That would be way cool. OK, with that (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Train control (was Re: Small Park)

(...) [snip] (...) I can understand that. Maybe Sunday I'll get a chance to put in a geared motor and take some pix. I'll take some pictures of the micromotor-based switch, too, FWIW. The only Technic pieces in the micromotor design: 1 micromotor 1 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: layout

Very nice. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: logos

(...) all 1x1 bricks. Maybe someone from the ray tracing groups have some insight. Steve (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.cad.ray)

  logos

alright, i've rendered the logo out but it has some strange lines in it (pieces used?) they can be found at: (URL) Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  layout

Do we have use of another mountain with a train tunnel for the layout? (see link) (URL) rebuilding it and can make it fit the layout. I'm also ordering from lego to start my buildings. mark (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Train control (was Re: Small Park)

(...) Our group (NALUG) just did this for our upcoming show in September. We turned a bunch of short Lego wires into a bunch of long sorta-Lego wires, and ran them back to a central control board. We did a trial run of our entire layout for various (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Train control (was Re: Small Park)

(...) I'm with Steve M. on this. If we can use regular motors, it would be better. I just happen to think, the reason for using Manas' was (in my mind) so we could control them from across the table. Given that Steve has many extra motors, just for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Train control (was Re: Small Park)

(...) Can you come up with a reasonable way to convert the design to use the standard motor (from the znap sets)? I've got about 20 of those bought for just that purpose. Can you post some pictures or a ldraw file? Also, this is one case where I (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.org.us.indylug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact