Subject:
autonomous truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:47:09 GMT

>>Finally, I really do want to make a truck that can drive autonomously on
>>the road plates. What do you think? Hey, I don't own any road plates to
>>test with. Guess I'll have to buy some 8-).
>>-Brian
>

> That would be way cool.

OK, with that encouragement, I bypassed the level crossing (it's been
done and been documented, so it's a near certainty I can do it) and went
on the prototyping the truck.

The proof-of-concept trailer is finished. It's 6 wide and 22 long and
about 8 bricks high (it holds the RCX). It looks something like a mobile
MRI clinic, so I may make it look more so. Ideally the final version
will sport IndyLUG livery.

Have to put it away for a while, though, and get back to real life...

-Brian