Subject:
IndyLUG takes 2nd @ GATS Oct. 16-17
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 23:22:39 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The Indianapolis LEGO Users Group participated in the Great American Train Show in Indianapolis on the weekend of October 16 & 17, and won second place.

Some of the main attractions in the layout were:

A HUGE mountain

A big baseball diamond

A couple of small mosaics

The best fountain I’ve ever seen

(It even has coins in the bottom.)

A zoo

A replica of the Indianapolis Speedway

A skyscraper that had a road going under it

(We’ve never done than before.)

And plenty of big ol’ buildings

Another main crown pleaser was the theme park with all of its moterized rides. Plain pictures just don’t do them justice.

Participating members were:
Jeramy Spurgeon
Brian Darrow
Mark Peterson
Brian Alano
Steve McDonough
David “Fuzzy” Gregory
Steve Hassenplug
Leah Cardaci
David Kohrman
John Kyle
Tom Coleman
Matt Beida

This GATS was the first IndyLUG event for Matt and David Kohrman. Matt joined IndyLUG this past summer, and David comes to us from MichianaLUG (or is it MichLUG? I don’t remember.) Anyway, IndyLUG heartily welcomes both of these skilled builders.

Please let us know what you think!