 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 48
Re: How do I join?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 21:56:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Jim Rosikiewicz writes:
Hi all,

Hi Jim, are you the guy at BMS that I sold something to?

I live in Flemington NJ and would like to be a part of GardenSLUG.
How do I go about this?

One way is to invite us over to your house

This is a great idea!  He's just up the road from me, so those of you who came
to my place can have a rough estimate of the distance.  It's likely closer to a
majorish highway (US 202) than my place, though.  (Jim, I'm between Neshanic
and Hopewell.)

The flu this week is making me cancel the presently planned meeting. Yuck.

Grrrr.  ;-)

Anyway in the long run, besides meetings, we'd like to have an event, like
participating in a train show by building together, or staging a weekend to
invite people from Boston and Washington DC and all around.

Yeah.  We should talk about an event at our next get together.  Are we meeting
in Philly in November?

Cletus Romano has been into trains for a long time. Some others (Laurajean
Murphy) were getting started in trains. I'm more interested in building train
scenery than actual trains since I have only one 4.5V train from the 80s.

I have the Twisted Time Train :-)  But actually, I guess I'm interested in
scenery/setting too.

Chris