 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 428
Re: Question for Eric Sophie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:27:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Patricia Van Dyke wrote:
Is the Lego store going to rotate parts in the parts bin every so often?

Well I'm not Eric Sophie, but I probably spend as much time in the LEGO Stores
as any of the employees do, and I ask a lot of questions whenever I'm there.
They have already begun to rotate some of the pieces available in the
Pick-a-Brick walls of the new stores, although I am told that the total
selection available to the store managers is somewhat limited at least until
next year.  In general, you should expect the selection to change on a monthly
basis.

I've already seen some parts get sold out at both of the stores here in MA, and
new parts have appeared at both locations.

I went to the store this weekend and spent so much they gave me a cup of free
Legos from the parts bins.  Cool!

This is part of a sales promotion that has been going on for the past week or
so.  You get a small Pick-a-Brick cup for free with every $50 purchase, or a
large cup with every $75 purchase.  Unfortunately, you do not get more than one
free cup per visit to the store.  (I already tried!)  I don't know when this
promotion will end, so maybe that's a question for Eric Sophie...

- Chris.