 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 207 (-20)
  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

"Hello, I am the new Imperial Probe Droid and I have just discovered the location of you hidden Rebel Base! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Do you have a problem with that!?" Han Solo: "Aaaa, now that I think about it, no. Chewie, RUN!!!...!!!" Long live the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Snip-A-Liscious--- Er. Well what can I say? Your creation are bringing a new vision to this forum. Your mechs have a bold robotic yet whimsical organic look to them. Would I want to meet this guy in a dark ally? No. Would I want this guy as my (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Eric, This is the coolest Mech I've seen for one reason. It has it's own style! You've developed a really cool design style, that could be your signature! You seem to have synthesized your influences into a single monolithic creation. Impressive, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

(...) <snip> Wow, that is really something. You gotta show Gary Istok that you used a 1x3x3 classic door in this!! :) -- Thomas Main main@appstate.edu (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Ya those pix are right in my backyard. I love living next to the River, quiet, peaceful, and oh no a RG Mech! Run for it! Swim! Faster, it looks hungry! ahhhhhhh!!!!, oh look it's friendly, it only wants red and dark grey plates. awww so (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

cool, imagine a CGI army of these Mechs!!! I call it the RG Mech; an Omni directional elongated hexapod. Thanks again Eric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Thanks, good words from a Bench Mark Mecha Maker! As soon as I can find a Santa hat small enough to fit on it's head, you'd better leave milk and cookies for it during the 12 days!!! Or slice and dice!!! It's a wonderful time of the year!!! (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Right on Bryce! You have been a great source of inspiration to me. I love the colors too. Good combo....I agree. I wanted to go for a "Roll cage" feel for the chest. So when I added some slopes I ended up with an odd amount of studs, nothing that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Thanks Brad, maybe you'll get to see it in person one day! Eric BTW, I got a lot of inspiration from the success of the Lugola meetings! Thanks and I'll keep it from running amok thru your beautiful buildings and town. Thanks again Eric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

Hey Chris, I tried, but it aint gonna happen this year. I've been asking some of the Mech guys about getting together next year and making a kick-butt display. Most of them are into it. So it's next year for me. Are you going, and if you are have (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

(...) Beautiful outdoor pics! I like this mech a lot, with the omni-directional legs and the big, red fly head; but how do you expect to catch any fish with that thing scaring 'em away? ;-) Very fine work! And, yes, today is a VERY good day for (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

whoo im impressed. try to model that in mlcad heh -- And they said 'Computers will never be in general use' "Eric Sophie" <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GEHH4I.1Jw@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) myself. (...) do. (...) began (...) will (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

Neat concept, excellent use of parts and colours! It's already giving me nightmares! ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

What do I say? Unique doesn't even come close. How about very Sophiesque? Those colors look so great against the green backgrounds. And the dark grey and red go excellent together. Now for the model...Great design! Like I said before the insectoid (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: RG Mech Completed!!!

I've been eyeing this for a few days on BrickShelf. It looks really cool. I like the spindly look of it! Eric Sophie <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GEHH4I.1Jw@lugnet.com... (...) so (...) myself. (...) do. (...) began (...) will (...) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

Hey Chris, I am planning on attending again this year, at least for one day, maybe two. I am already registered. My wife will not be attending, as we are expecting our first child in late September, and she would probably be a little uncomfortable. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Future Meetings?

(...) Eric, are you going to Brickfest in DC? Is anyone else out there going to Brickfest this year? I know Lindsay and I are. I would assume Cletus is since he does stuff with WAMALUG. Anyone else? Chris (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Future Meetings?

Hwy all, the Lugola guys are having another Meeting, good for them! They trade,talk and inspire! We on the east coast can have a get together too. I'd be willing to bring stuff to trade and bring my Robots somewhere. Also I might participate in a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Hello?

Looks like those Lugola guys have a great time when they get together, evan got me building a new project! (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Hello?

(...) I'm around. Does anyone know why we've fallen apart? Did a second NYC meeting ever happen after being cancelled? When and where should we get together next? Chris (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact