 Organizations / United States / CLB / 31
Re: BrickQuest, anyone?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.clb
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:09:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.clb, Peter F. Guenther wrote:

I might be convinced to drive out there for a session--not necessarily to run,
but at least join in.

Cool!

One word of warning regarding everyone building their own modules... I
discovered at GenCon 2003 that building up walls on all sides made rooms
difficult for players to access.  I then started building low and tall walls,
putting low on two sides, but after GenCon and Origins this year was thinking of
even dropping to just one low wall.

Yes, I was thinking that when I looked at the pictures on brickquest.org.  I was
thinking low walls, 2 or 3 bricks high, would work much better.

Of course, that makes for less visually impressive rooms and less building fun.

Hmm, that's a good point.  Though building fun could also be had by making more
three-dimensional dungeons.  Stairs, varied terrain, etc. could mean both more
building and more interesting tactics in play.

The other possibility is just building up walls around features (doors,
fountains, etc.) but that may look a little weird.

True, though I think you'd get used to it pretty quickly -- seems like a good
idea to me.

Best,
- Joe