 Organizations / United States / BLOC / 26
Re: When we gonna get together again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.bloc, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 02:40:10 GMT

In article <GAxCM3.86v@lugnet.com>, "Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net>
wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.bloc, Gino A. Melone writes:
BTW, there was talk last year about doing a BrikWars event at the gaming
convention in Columbus.  I think it is around July.  Anybody know
particulars.

I think the convention you're thinking of is.... GenCon... maybe? I can't
recall. I know there're a couple.. I seem to recall them being on holiday
weekends however - like Memorial Day and Thanksgiving.

The convention on Memorial Day weekend is Marcon, which is primarily a
science fiction convention, but has a lot of gaming activity too. I'm on
the committee that runs Marcon, and gaming proposals are being accepted
up until May 1. If anyone wants to put a proposal together, send it to
<gaming@marcon.org>.

The convention in July is Origins, held on the Fourth of July weekend.
It's an all-gaming con run by Wizards of the Coast. I'm not personally
involved with that con, but the web page for it is at
<http://www.wizards.com/origins/2001/>.

The convention around Thanksgiving is MidOhioCon, which is primarily a
comic book convention. I don't know of any significant amount of gaming
associated with that con.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com