 Organizations / United States / 579
Re: Age limitations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:32:51 GMT

++LarAnd to the people beating on Matt as being about the only person • explaining the
NELUG position, and that implying that no one else in NELUG suppports it,
you're all wet. Matt happened to be the person "on" and actively posting when
this discussion got started, and it got 75+ posts in a very few hours. You'll
hear from other NELUGers I am sure, give it time.

I am also a NELUG member, (have been from around the time the club started),
and although I have yet been able to attend a meeting (I work a strange
schedule) I will most definatly be attending the next one (even if I have to
call in sick)
I do not agree with this rule. As I have said in earlier posts, Shiri sounds
like a reasonable, intelligent, mature young woman, who should not be judged
by age alone.
Now we do live in a democratic society, and when it was voted on, that is how
the vote went. I do give kudos to Shiri for not whining and moaning about it
for the last eight months. Instead she waited what I think is a reasonable
anount of time to bring the issue up.
I also don't agree with all the people beating up on Matt and NELUG. NELUG is
after all a private organization, and can set it's own rules as seen fit.
The way to change the rules is not by telling us all how much we "suck" for
having this rule, but to put it to a vote at the next meeting, where both
sides can be argued in PERSON, not through a news server, or group or
whatever, and to let the people who the decision will ultimatly affect deal
with the issue.

Tom D